Thursday, September 2, 2010

Gonna miss those summer blooms ...

The coreopsis in my garden was amazing this summer and although I'm ready for fall and mums and pumpkins on the porch, I'll be sad to see it go.


I've managed to kill pencil holly, rhododendron and even a few ferns- FERNS - since moving into my pad in 2006. This summer I got wise and went with hard-to-kill plants, lots of succulents and easy growers/repeat bloomers (didn't grow them from seed though - I think I bought them as plants at a local garden spot). I did attempt to plant poppies, which are a favorite of mine. Only one bloomed. I took a photo as evidence (see below) ...

The coreopsis was terrific however, as were my black-eyed susans, hostas and cone flowers, and they provided me with something sweet to look at in my 75-cent vase each morning on my bathroom sink. Until next summer ...

RED POP BLOGGER: Bess

1 comment:

  1. wow - you had way more luck in your garden this year than I did! I'll have to try this coreopsis thing...

    ReplyDelete