Monday, August 23, 2010

Thrifting: Sheets


To some, items like sheets or towels are things that shouldn't be thrifted and re-used for fear of germs, gross stains, bad 1970s patterns ... however, perfectly good and sometimes mint-condition vintage bed sheets and towel sets can be found and given new life (with a good cleaning).


After a solid inspection at a favorite Pittsburgh thrift shop, I found just one fitted bed sheet (above) and frequently use it with a white flat sheet or mix/match with other floral patterns in the same family or with some bright reds (my bedroom happens to be the same color palette as Red Pop Shop's ... coincidence? Maybe).

If sleeping on old sheets isn't appealing but the patterns are still attractive to you, below is a cool project idea for vintage sheets via Design*Sponge and blogger Katherine Jalaty.


RED POP BLOGGER: Bess

1 comment:

  1. Wasn't there an episode of Friends about this subject? The one where Rachel tries to convince Phoebe that her Pottery Barn table is actually thrifted? Anyway, I often use old sheets to cover ugly books. Well, actually, I cover my scrapbooks with them. There, I said it - I'm a scrapbooker...

    ReplyDelete