Thursday, August 19, 2010

A Bit of Style from the Grandmothers

I (Bess) live in a traditional four-square, 1940s home and my rooms aren't terribly large but I do have some great wall space. My living room has a large painting above the mantle and, although I had had another large painting above a love seat on the opposite wall (pictured above), I removed it, thinking two large pieces in one small room were a bit much. Hence the empty wall and sad looking nail in the center ...



For some time now, I had been considering enlarging images of my grandmothers for framing. I'm lucky to have some wonderful photos of both ladies and decided a series of images above this love seat was just the spot!


Project complete ...


Phyllis (above)

Margaret (above)

Needless to say, I'm absolutely thrilled with the result and smile every time I enter the room ...

RED POP BLOGGER: Bess

No comments:

Post a Comment